This makes me nervous (Matrix:Revolutions) *SPOILERS*

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:43 am

nobody_important wrote:
Kathy wrote:That's sad that I can't find anybody here my age that I can talk to. Ring leader? Try again.. not on a highschool campus.. not at some preppy/cliqueish college.. Here's a hint.. I'm like people who aren't like me.. in my physical situation. That's why I'm such a fucking angry little person. Okay?

Listen, Kathy, you're going to be dealing with people like this for the rest of your life. The sooner you learn to deal with people that irritate you (and by "deal" I mean "not throw a shit fit"), the happier you'll be. When I was just starting high school, I had a major elitist complex. Nobody could even begin to fathom what I was going through, I operated on a higher intellectual plane than everyone else, I couldn't talk to people my own age because they just didn't understand. I was pretty much pissed off at every one and everything all the time. I wanted to be out, on my own, and away from all the dumb people.

Then, I got to college, and realized that it was basically just high school with cooler toys and espresso. The point is, you'll never get away from the cliques and pettiness, so you might as well learn to deal with it now. Being a "fucking angry little person" all the time isn't good for you. It's not physically good for you. Stress puts an unnecessary load on the body and weakens the immune system. It generates bad cholesterol, and jacks your adrenaline into overdrive all the time, until you literally burn out. I know; I had stress asthma, migraines, chronic bronchial infection, and an ulcer developing, just because I was so damn angry at everyone and everything.

How do you deal with it? If someone's being a prick to you, recognize it as such and move on. Arguing for three hours does not constitute moving on. Blowing up in their face doesn't constitute moving on. The greatest satisfaction you can give someone like that is giving them a negative reaction. This brings me to my second point. If someone criticises you, take a long, hard look at yourself and ask if there's any truth in it. If there is, try to find ways to improve yourself rather than blindly attacking someone else to make yourself look better. Everyone has faults. Everyone has room for improvement, but you can only improve yourself if you want to. It's standard human behavior to get defensive and hostile when someone brings up a fault, or an instance where we're wrong. Don't be like that. It solves nothing, alienates friends, and leaves you right where you are. You've just sacrificed self improvement for five seconds of adrenaline rush and self-righteousness. Don't just laugh it off because you're not "book smart", either. Not being book smart is not an insurmountable obstacle, and can easily be remedied by reading books.

You probably won't read this (it ended up being a lot longer than I'd anticipated), and probably won't take any of this to heart because you need to come to this conclusion yourself (like I did.) I just recognized a bit of myself in your posts, and decided to share how I dealt with those problems.

I'm glad that I'm rereading this thread. I had forgotten about this post. Good stuff.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”