VD

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:46 am

Tweeg had an exciting VD.

The doctors had to isolate him for study...
i before e except after a few beers

chickenlips
Minister Of Discussion

Postby chickenlips » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:35 am

I had a nice one, although we didn't do anything Valentine-y. We sold a bunch of gaming stuff at a convention flea market and made $400. Then we hung out with cool guy Ken Hite for a while.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:35 am

Ours was going great. We had a nice ski-day. It was my first day on snow blades and I had a pretty good time on those. There was the token embarrasing falls on the first couple of runs (including a rather simple blue run) but by the end of the day I was having a lot of fun...they're ridiculously manouverable compared to skis, so moguls and tree skiing is an absolute blast.

However, on the way home from the hill, my girlfriend's car battery died completely, and the car just sort of slowed to a halt and stalled. Luckily we could see it coming with the clock dimming and all the electronics fucking up, so we managed to be in a town when it happened (rather than somewhere at the side of the highway.) Long story short, the alternator was broken and we had to get her dad (sigh) to bring us his spare battery.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:44 am

Do blades use the same bindings as normal skis? They look like they're a blast to use, but I don't think Bridger rents 'em, and I don't want to buy a lot of extra stuff.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:52 am

Ok, so perhaps spending VD evening at a gay bar wasn't my most brilliant idea ever... :?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:57 am

Better than me... I spent it getting my ass kicked at Warhammer.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:57 am

It depends on the Blades. Mine had the weird wire bindings that use normal ski boots but clip on differently. The nice thing is you don't need any special tools or technical knowledge to adjust the bindings; the catch is there's no tension release so you run the risk of twisting your leg pretty bad (I was using this style). There are other, nicer Blades that use regular ski bindings. Both use your normal ski boots, though.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:00 am

Cool... I'll have to give that a try some time. Do you use poles with them?

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:02 am

I didn't, and I think the people that do are kind of dorky. In my opinion most people just drag their poles behind them anyway, rather than use them properly (plant-lift-turn whatever), and you really don't need to do that with blades because they turn so easily.

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:58 am

I had a nice VD....

but all the comments were about how my eyebrows kept twitching.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:23 pm

The last two times I've been "skiing" I've rented Blades instead and had an absolute blast... If you're a skiing purist and prefer the speed and, well, "grace" of skiing, then you won't like Blades...

There's three types of binding that I've seen, one that clips onto the front and back of your ski boots, one that has a regular ski-boot style, and one that you can just get in with snowboard boots / any boots at all...

I think they're a blast, anyway...

:rotate:

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:16 pm

Too-Much-Coffee-Man wrote:Ok, so perhaps spending VD evening at a gay bar wasn't my most brilliant idea ever... :?

Uhh.. why were you at a gay bar?

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:24 pm

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:58 pm

pablo banquo wrote:Tweeg had an exciting VD.

It was dull and not a forum worthy story :P
shhh
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

PsychoLarry1
Secretly a Robot

Postby PsychoLarry1 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:01 am

I was incorrect about my VD.
My roomate left town, so I sat around and acted all emo about my old relationship and watched movies. Stupid human emotions.
I was funny once...once

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:20 am

. and Tweeg wrote:

The quick "I'm at work" answer.

When I first started 'coming out', my ex and friends took me to this tg-friendly gay bar; it's an easy place to go when I'm especially bored, as the incongruities between my id and what I look like don't really matter. I wasn't there for picking up a date, it's just the only bar I've ever been to that doesn't bore me to tears.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:14 am

My Valentines weekend was pretty good. Went up to Eidelweiss over in Madison NH. Rented a house for the weekend, went cross country skiing, shopping, lit off fireworks etc. Even the emergency trip to the hospital at 11 at night didn't disturb the mood too much.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:00 pm

Didn't do anything Valentine-y but had a good day anyway. We took one of windsong's students to see Peter Pan (contractual obligation: we'd offered the service in a "silent Auction" last year). I enjoyed the movie, and the kid we were with was well-behaved, though I can't say I really like him very much. He comes from a rich family, and we saw the inside of the house when we dropped him off. Animal heads on the walls, skins on the floor, chandeliers made out of antlers.. it was a monument to DEATH. Myself, I'd rather see one animal for a moment in the wild than fifty animals dead for eternity on my walls, but perhaps I'm unusual.

We also watched "Some Like It Hot", which coincidentally enough, involves the St. Valentine's Day Massacre! Cool, huh?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:35 pm

Bunyip wrote:...though I can't say I really like him very much. He comes from a rich family, and we saw the inside of the house when we dropped him off. Animal heads on the walls, skins on the floor, chandeliers made out of antlers.. it was a monument to DEATH.

Well, to be fair, it's probably not the kid's fault, but his dad's. He would probably be just as content to collect Pokemon cards instead of a throng of taxidermized woodland creatures.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:36 pm

Ah, I hadn't meant to imply that the kid was at fault there. The dislike of the kid was a separate sentiment. Though I can't say I like the dad either, now you mention it.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”