Reasons you should be shot

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:40 am

I like Soulseek, it's allowed me to steal a lot of music off Zsinj...

...Even though I had to convert most of it from his crazy communist m4a format...

:rotate:

Zsinj
I <3 Lions

Postby Zsinj » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am

8)

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:16 am

I used to work at a fast food place, so I can sympathize with the employees to a certain extent. Buut... when I walk into a Taco Bell, order $16 and change worth of food, and the cashier still asks me if it's "for here or to go?" Yeah, it's for here. I'm interested in seeing how much of your food I can actually shovel down before my intestines revolt and strangle me. Here's your sign.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:58 am

I need to make Square's Sock Tacos.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:01 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:I used to work at a fast food place, so I can sympathize with the employees to a certain extent. Buut... when I walk into a Taco Bell, order $16 and change worth of food, and the cashier still asks me if it's "for here or to go?" Yeah, it's for here. I'm interested in seeing how much of your food I can actually shovel down before my intestines revolt and strangle me. Here's your sign.

1) You might have been meeting someone; the cashier would do better not to assume your situation
2) Being a cashier turns you into a robot. I'd ask if people wanted butter on their popcorn and then ask again 10 seconds later because the first time I asked was more automatic than an actual question

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:22 pm

Mmm, tacos in a fresh cotten tube. I can almost taste 'em.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:46 pm

Thorn wrote:2) Being a cashier turns you into a robot. I'd ask if people wanted butter on their popcorn and then ask again 10 seconds later because the first time I asked was more automatic than an actual question

The trick to being a good cashier is not to let it stifle your individuality. If you're generally pleasant to people and pass the time of day, they'll come back to you. And tip too on occasion.

gorillaman
Minister Of Discussion

Postby gorillaman » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:11 pm

Who on earth would aspire to being a good cashier? Take the money, give them their food, collect your paycheck. Surely.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:39 pm

dogmeat wrote:The trick to being a good cashier is not to let it stifle your individuality. If you're generally pleasant to people and pass the time of day, they'll come back to you. And tip too on occasion.

You don't tip cashiers. It's just. Not. Done.

Unless of course the cashier is more than just a cashier. Like if they work at Baskin Robbins and they've just made you a fifty dollar cake.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:45 pm

I know my sister's got tips at both Burger King and Starbucks...

I'll only VERY rarely tip a cashier... and then it's only if I've been going to that place for a long time and they get to know me... (like the bakery and Subway near work)

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:22 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:You don't tip cashiers. It's just. Not. Done.

Unless of course the cashier is more than just a cashier. Like if they work at Baskin Robbins and they've just made you a fifty dollar cake.

Or, unless they're hot, and maybe you're trying to pick them up.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:00 pm

Gobo wrote:I know my sister's got tips at both Burger King and Starbucks...

I'll only VERY rarely tip a cashier... and then it's only if I've been going to that place for a long time and they get to know me... (like the bakery and Subway near work)

That's how I managed to get tips, I worked at Safeway, just doing my thing, and at Christmas I'd get various people who I served regularly giving me £10 notes. Which was nice.

My paper round was far more lucrative as was the charity collection I once did. £50 I made in one evening a few Christmases back. I felt no guilt for taking these gratuities 'cause I did the collection for no money and was round regardless of the weather. It sucked to be honest, but I kept fit from cycling up all the hills round here.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:35 pm

True, we didn't get tips very often, but when we did we'd surely take notice. I think the most we ever got was like freakin' $20 or something. We used it to buy dinner.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:23 pm

Oh, fuck. I thought tipping cashiers was one of those things that was considered rude and patronizing. Shit! I could've tipped that cute Arby's chick that was always so friendly and made me laugh on my lunch breaks!

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:00 pm

It might be!
I'm horribly uncultured.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:04 pm

I usually tip at local resturaunts, even when there's not full service (like the Cajun resturaunt, the BBQ joint, and the weird place where I can get curry wraps or buffalo fajitas.) I rarely tip at fast food chains, though.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:10 pm

People would just be like "where's your tip jar" and we'd be like "we don't technically take tips but uh we wouldn't object if you just forgot some money on the counter"

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:13 pm

Square721BT wrote:Oh, fuck. I thought tipping cashiers was one of those things that was considered rude and patronizing. Shit! I could've tipped that cute Arby's chick that was always so friendly and made me laugh on my lunch breaks!

You could have asked her out?

Smokin_Jayz
Secretary of Debauchery

Postby Smokin_Jayz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:27 pm

I only tip servers at restaurants, and my barber if the cut is good. Everyone else is merely doing their job, and would only garner a tip if they somehow did something amazingly better then I have every experienced. Yet, usually working at a cashier is done just the same as everyone else... hell, even I worked at one.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:14 am

Square721BT wrote:I need to make Square's Sock Tacos.

Do I even want to know?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Angry Thoughts”