Reasons you should be shot

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

User avatar
Gobo
drum commie
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:14 am
Location: Worries for another day
Contact:

Postby Gobo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:24 pm

I've heard about Coupling... doesn't air up here... so I've never actually seen it... everything I've heard about it makes it sound like crack specially designed for Gobo... so yeah I'm definetly going to be picking it up on DVD at some point... (renting it first if I can find it)

.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
Posts: 10842
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:25 pm
Location: The Vietnamese Ghetto

Postby . » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:49 pm

Nooooo.. it's crap. Oddly, I have seen an episode of Coupling, but not one of Friends.

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:18 pm

Are you talking about the American version, or the British version. The American one (which I think was on NBC and aired for like two episodes) sucked badly. The British one (on BBC America), however, is pretty funny (if you're into that kind of humor, I guess.)
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Re: Reasons you should be shot

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:54 am

Bag of Ass wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:You think assault weapons are a vital part of your personal freedoms.

Our military uses assault weapons to keep [you]'s personal freedoms safe.


Our military uses assault weapons to keep [you]'s personal freedoms safe from people [you]'s political leaders sold weapons to in the first place. That was more directed at your average militia nut than the military, at any rate.

Dammit, Gobo, I thought I'd be safe mentioning the Friends finale! Gaah! Illusions... shattered! You get a pass on this, though, because... well, you're Gobo.

Kauser wrote:Well, I could succumb to the baiting by TMCM and go on about how only two out of over ten features cited in the assault weapon's ban actually have no other purpose other than killing people, however, I think we all know the exact nature of where we all stand on the issue.


Less baiting, and more a catalyst for us to post reasons we (not just me) actually think people should be shot (*ed. note: irony++!). You're right though, I think we're all pretty sure of where we stand... maybe a talk for another time/thread, though. Disagreement is one o' the spices of life, and the very fact that it's become a stigma, especially on the internet, is really disturbing. That's the kind of thing that leads to Republicans and Democrats.



Plut: Like I said, most all other musical 'tastes' are debatable, but there is nooo reason for anyone to own any cd's by any of the people I mentioned. They are so much inarguable crap that to own them really does mean you are sucking up oxygen that is better used by others.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:43 pm

Well, I think people who listen to Evanescence get shot. There are a few things that make me really happy in life, music being one of them. And I'm terribly scared that the music I love is going to be co-opted by the corporate culture machine and we're going to start getting Britney Spears in black latex and 98 Degrees in corsets.

User avatar
Gobo
drum commie
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:14 am
Location: Worries for another day
Contact:

Re: Reasons you should be shot

Postby Gobo » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:39 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Dammit, Gobo, I thought I'd be safe mentioning the Friends finale! Gaah! Illusions... shattered! You get a pass on this, though, because... well, you're Gobo.


Woo! I suspect there's going to end up being too much crap that might end up getting me shot by people that have "taste" though... at least I've got a bye with friends...

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:48 pm

Not from me you don't, bitch.

Be careful when you open your mail.

User avatar
Thorn
let's hit the women
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:31 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby Thorn » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:24 pm

Wait so TMCM
is like,
advocating
the murder
of people he thinks are inferior
SAY THAT SOUNDS PRETTY FASCIST

:wink:

Eolh
Serious Business
Posts: 5385
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Eolh » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:39 pm

Thorn wrote:Wait so TMCM is like, advocating the murder of people he thinks are inferior SAY THAT SOUNDS PRETTY FASCIST

Not murder....state-sponsored executions!
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:06 pm

Not even that! Think of it more as removing the parts of our society that interfere with your happiness. It's like prozac, but with more death. You see?

User avatar
Thorn
let's hit the women
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:31 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby Thorn » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:17 pm

As clear as day! I love the leader!

User avatar
Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar
Posts: 17607
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New House

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:30 pm

Square721BT wrote:Well, I think people who listen to Evanescence get shot.

Oh yeah? Well people who get me excited by offering me interesting new music and don't follow through on that should be shot. Or they should follow through, and consequently gets a waiver on the being shot.

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:03 pm

Yeah, working on that. There's a new MP3, at least.

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:13 pm

Thorn wrote:Wait so TMCM
is like,
advocating
the murder
of people she thinks are inferior
SAY THAT SOUNDS PRETTY FASCIST

:wink:



Fascism is as fascism does! With my Orwellian "TASTE" police in place, Carson Daly will be executed nearly immediately. Of course, the same basic effect could be achieved simply by pulling Viacom's collective hand out of his ass. Unless he's like Chucky, which wouldn't surprise me all that much.

Beware, Gobo; Friends has used up your one and only pass. If The Leader were to find any other Barbie dolls in your closet...

Square721BT wrote:Well, I think people who listen to Evanescence get shot. There are a few things that make me really happy in life, music being one of them. And I'm terribly scared that the music I love is going to be co-opted by the corporate culture machine and we're going to start getting Britney Spears in black latex and 98 Degrees in corsets.


The Leader sees your point. The Leader thought it was kind of funny how quickly Evanescence backed away from the Christian music label when they first got noticed by everyone. She also finds it amusing how Amy Lee's real voice sounds like a mouse being ran over a cheese grater.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
shorty
Floydian Hate
Posts: 3576
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:24 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Postby shorty » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:31 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:
Square721BT wrote:Well, I think people who listen to Evanescence get shot.

Oh yeah? Well people who get me excited by offering me interesting new music and don't follow through on that should be shot. Or they should follow through, and consequently gets a waiver on the being shot.


Good god! Don't be so unreasonable!
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:37 am

Did you guys at least listen to the MP3s? No? Then quit yer bitchin.

User avatar
the cheat
Apprentice
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:48 am

Postby the cheat » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:40 pm

Rob wrote:The YOU tag;

<div align=center>
One of the quickest mods I ever made to the forum.</div>

<div align=right>And one of the most controversial.</div>


my mind is blown.
Edited by a dinosaur

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:40 am

Most Soulseek users should be shot. Chatlog follows:

[SORROW93] why did u bann me? nevermind i can find that file from other user u looser asshole motherfucker XD
[Square721bt] Heh. You're already unbanned, for what it's worth. But that was cute.
[SORROW93] thanks for nothing anyway! ;)
[Square721bt] Sure, my pleasure!


He was banned for 30 seconds, because Soulseek's "let users in my list download first" feature is broken and I wanted to move someone up the list. (Incidentally, that someone requires me to share stuff with them or they'll ban me from DLing from them.) So he's still in my queue. Incidentally, he's moved up in my queue, because now whoever had all of my Neil Gaiman MP3s (ALL) queued is no longer in my list. So this guy is waiting for one file to finish, instead of 30 or 40.

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:06 am

*note to self: Avoid Soulseek*
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Square721BT
Doom Cock
Posts: 6765
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby Square721BT » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:56 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:*note to self: Avoid Soulseek*

Dude, if XM Radio is your thing, you don't need Soulseek. The advantage of it is that it has lots and lots of really bizarre, little-known bands on it. Not as good as Audiogalaxy in terms of selection, but nearly so.


Return to “Angry Thoughts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest