Jesus, people are dumb!

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Jesus, people are dumb!

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed May 18, 2005 8:09 am

I just got finished catching up on the last few Penny Arcade's... I've been pretty lax about checking it lately, because it just really hasn't been that good.

Anyway, I'm going through the newsposts, and a few things kind of punched me in the face like only a trout covered in peanut butter can:

First, people seriously thought Gabe and Tycho were fighting? Wow. AAaaaand they also thought the Raven Darktalon Blood thing was actually going to be a movie? You people! Stop screwing, no children for you!

And the thing with Gabe recounting that chat room discussion a few days ago... Goddammit, if it was five years ago, you don't care about it (or at least claim not to), the guys talking shit went under, and some ass on a completely different website who you don't really hang out with is for some unfathomable reason still pissed about the situation? Why are you talking about it, or at the very least going on at such ridiculous length about it then?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed May 18, 2005 9:22 am

A friend of mine argued with me at length that Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood was actually getting made into a movie. He cited all of Gabe and Tycho's newsposts. Since PA has a long history of Wacky Hijinx, I knew they weren't doing anything with it (any more than they were breaking up.) I said this, and he immediately started in on how artistic relationships are often stressful and there probably was a lot of truth to that. Then I brought up the fact that Tycho said he wanted to do a comic about commas fucking with other commas, and we immediately switched back to Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood and how conceivable it was that Penny Arcade had, at the very least, sold the film rights to it and that I had no idea how many things were optioned for movies and AAARRGGH.... all of my friends love arguing about DUMB SHIT.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Eolh
Serious Business

Re: Jesus, people are dumb!

Postby Eolh » Wed May 18, 2005 2:46 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:And the thing with Gabe recounting that chat room discussion a few days ago... Goddammit, if it was five years ago, you don't care about it (or at least claim not to), the guys talking shit went under, and some ass on a completely different website who you don't really hang out with is for some unfathomable reason still pissed about the situation? Why are you talking about it, or at the very least going on at such ridiculous length about it then?

I actually found the whole thing pretty interesting. If nothing else it highlighted just how close they had come to going under. PA and SA are both very very popular websites, if SA posts a one-sided rant describing how Gabe is a total douche about how he acted during that time (not saying he isn't a douche) I don't see anything wrong with him stating how things went down from his point of view and from citing the transcripts that lead him to his opinions. In the end Lowtax posted something like a retraction and now fanboys on both sides no longer have to wonder if it is "okay to like SA" or "okay to like PA".

In any case, he told you right up front it was going to be long and boring and if you ignored that and read it anyway you have no one to blame but yourself.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri May 20, 2005 8:14 am

I don't see how any of that prevents me from criticizing it, Eolh. I found it not interesting in the slightest (maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment...)

Those two jokers were supposed to be a threat to PA, even then? C'mon.

"Huh, we'll like, totally take over their site."

"Heh-heh, yeah, and I'll, like, totally write the comic."

"Yeah, huh-huh, it'll be funny and stuff."

"Yeah, those guys suck."

"Yeah, uh, they suck dick and stuff."

"Huh-huh, you said dick."

"Heh, yeah, I did."

And I reiterate, how does SA, despite its popularity, matter at this point just because that guy was saying "Gabe was an asshole!" So? I think it could be argued that G & T both are more than a little overly-sensitive.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri May 20, 2005 8:58 am

Don't forget all the "I was in the Marines" crap. That was really annoying.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Jimbo Salvatore
Disciple

Postby Jimbo Salvatore » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:04 am

I found this bit of history interesting as well, since I never really knew anything about it. It seems to me that it's a wholy whorthwile post since in the end there was a bit of closure to the situation, Gabe gave it straight up and Lowtax finally dropped the five year grudge. All neatly wrapped up.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”