Whole Foods, you're on notice!

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Whole Foods, you're on notice!

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Nobody messes with a New Englander's lobstahs.

First Whole Foods had decided to not sell live lobsters at all, decrying that it's "inhumane". This is just bullshit.

Now recently they have decided to overturn that rule for their newly opening Maine Store. But they aren't even going to sell Maine lobsters! rather they are dong business with some NH company that treats their sea bugs extra special. Just more bullshit. Maine's Lobster industry should be applauded as one of the few examples of a sustainable fisherythat promotes local fishermen in a world where most fisheries are fo the slash and burn variety that is wrecking oceanic ecosystems. Whole Foods if they had done their homework would know this. it just goes to show you that you can spend all that extra money for that warm feeling of being better to the environment but if you don't research close enough chances are you are being duped by what's becoming the latest craze in snake oil salesmanship.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:38 pm

This is why I hate anything more liberal than a Dock Strike.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Oh please. Liberal my ass. Whole Foods is a business, and any decision like this was made entirely on whether or not it would make them more money or not. They decided it would. If it doesn't they'll change it back.

That being said I wish more liberals would accept that there actually are some things that the free market does very well. I'm mostly referring to this (pardon the pun) cancerous spread of anti-smoking legislation. I probably agree with 90% of the Democratic Party platform, but this just drives me nuts. If it were such a big deal for non-smokers to not have to deal with second-hand smoke they would only frequent smoke-free establishments. The free market would've handled it.

Anyway, Whole Foods may be using a "liberal ideology" as their public reasoning, but almost certainly they're just aiming to cut costs in some way.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:16 pm

You're just pissed off because a business is trying the same trick the lefties like to use at will, and it burns you up because someone else it making money off of it.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Maybe.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”