Customer F***king Complaints

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Customer F***king Complaints

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 am

Been having a few problems with Consumer's Energy of late... this is an email (the 3rd) that I've sent to them recently.

This letter is in reference to recent customer service issues. 3 weeks ago, approximately, I received the final bill from my previous address at 5475 K Dr S in East Leroy, Michigan. This bill was based on an estimated read that was over twice that of my normal monthly kilowatt use. Obviously, I had a problem with this.

Over the course of the previous 3 weeks, I have attempted to call your customer service number on multiple occasions, only to be constantly rebuffed by ridiculous hold times, operators who seem incapable of directing me to the correct account administrators, and a "new customer service system" whose only connection to customer service seems to be making it WORSE. For christ's sake, unless you have only two people working as operators, I should NOT have to wait 15-20 minutes and STILL not get to talk anyone EVERY TIME I call over the course of 3 weeks!

Also, I have written 2 separate emails to you already, one of them detailing the troubles I mentioned in the paragraph above. And the other...

The other email was in regards to your company's COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE to do your job properly. I requested that the power be shut off to the 5475 address on the 19th of JANUARY. No one has lived in the property since the 17th. Your failure to do this resulted directly in a mishap where a water connection under the kitchen sink came loose at some point between the 17th of January and Wednesday the 11th of FEBRUARY when the problem was discovered, and since the power was not shut off, the kitchen, a sizable portion of the floor, and the front part of the entryway are RUINED.

Because of that, a house I should have been able to sign over to the bank and be done with by now, I cannot because now I have to mess with insurance, a plumber, and who knows what else.

In closing, I have to say, you people SERIOUSLY need to get your s**t together, and I tell you this in total honesty; if I had another option for my electrical needs, I would've been gone yesterday.

I expect, at the least, a call as soon as humanly possible from upper management personnel, from an actual person who, if I cannot answer the phone right away, I can call back, and speak to, RIGHT AWAY. Your treatment of me, and presumably other callers, is patently awful.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 am

Really? 15-20 minutes doesn't seem that bad. In the call centers I've worked in, we considered 30 minutes to be the start of bad, and most of them were intentionally staffed to have at least a 10 minute wait. The thing being that most people are willing to hold on at least that long, which means you can technically staff as little as possible, keep all your agents busy, and not lose people to hanging up. It's an efficency thing.

When I call IBM it's generally a 15 minute wait. When I call Dell, it can be half an hour. When I call my health insurance, it's using 15-20 minutes. When I call a telco it can be up to 90 minutes.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:39 pm

OMGBEES wrote:Really? 15-20 minutes doesn't seem that bad. In the call centers I've worked in, we considered 30 minutes to be the start of bad, and most of them were intentionally staffed to have at least a 10 minute wait. The thing being that most people are willing to hold on at least that long, which means you can technically staff as little as possible, keep all your agents busy, and not lose people to hanging up. It's an efficency thing.

When I call IBM it's generally a 15 minute wait. When I call Dell, it can be half an hour. When I call my health insurance, it's using 15-20 minutes. When I call a telco it can be up to 90 minutes.

I, personally, consider 15-20 minutes pretty shoddy. Especially over multiple occasions, and especially when I have things I'd like to get done with my day other than sit on the phone. As I see it, I should not be waiting damn near half an hour to talk to a customer service representative from the only business in town from whom I can get a necessary service.

And as I see it, the reason call centers intentionally staff and plan for 10 minute waits and more is because they expect many people to give up before that, thereby saving them having to deal with said customer, since when most people call it's for a complaint or problem of some sort. This being more obvious with companies that have a monopolistic hold over their particular area.

At any rate, when I say 15 minute waits, often times that would be a 15 minute wait to talk to one operator, who would tell me that he / she could not handle disputes over a bill, and had to direct me to another operator, where I would wait for about another 20 minutes with no response from anyone.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Yeah, like I said, this is nothing compared to calling a telco, like AT&T. I watched Steve at work stay on one of those calls for 6 hours once.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 am

I have to say that 10-15 min to speak with reps is actually pretty good. 30 min is when its a bad or busy day. I think most centers figure that people will keep holding on if its important at the 10-15 min ratio and for piddly crap inquires they'll just hang up and the abandon rate will be minimal.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations TMCM, if I can offer yo any advise of getting anywhere with those call monkeys is:

1. 9 times out of 10 that automated IVR is just a maze to slow down you from reaching a rep, try hitting 0 right away thats almost universal in getting you in touch with a rep. If you do reach the wrong department theres a 50/50 chance that the "other department" is another rep in the same building ... although the "other department" may be in India but being that your dealing with a utility I doubt it.
2. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. That person on the other end may have shitty ass policies and procedures to follow within the guidelines of trying to “help you”, if they feel like helping you they more than likely will. If you just fly off the handle and explain your utter contempt for them and the organization they probably can find some way to give you the run around and not help you or pass the buck.
3. If you don't get what you want, escalate, escalate , escalate. That 1st "supervisor" you get is probably a rep sitting next to the guy you were just talking to. His supervisor may just be floor support. Go far enough up the chain and you'll reach someone who will give you a resolution that you want just so they don't have to deal with you. If you can balance being upset without crossing the line into asshatville then you can send the message that hey you're upset , something has to be done but your not taking it out on them so they'll be more inclined to help you.
Also if you can drop some red flags it helps you go up the chain too, better business burro, litigation, say you want the mailing address to HQ/etc people don't want you bitching above their head so they'll be more inclined to not play customer tennis with you with departments and get you someone who can help you.

Also you should get the name of any reps you speak with and some form of id for them, some maybe using pseudo names so if they have an extension or REP id that will help you keep track of who told you what. And if they are going to transfer you ask them if they can warm transfer you, they'll be more inclined to get you in touch with the right department if they are coming along for the ride and it will save you from having to reexplain yourself.

OMGBEES did you work with at&t back in the day ? I worked in tech over on the blue side back when the Cingular merger/takeover went through. GOD that was a fucking nightmare, trying to get in touch with anyone on the orange side was a fucking nightmare. I feel Steves pain cause I too have known the pain of a 6 hour call.
I did however play customer tennis with the RM department for an entire shift with the same customer. Fuck how I hate RM. If you were ever a receivables management rep Square I am going to come and punch you in the face because those reps are the scum of the fucking earth.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 am

I worked in an outsourced division of AT&T Frame Provisioning for 3 months. That was a hell job. It's the only place I've ever thrown up from stress.

Fucking... job.

Managing 8 figure projects for $9.50 an hour, what kind of horse shit is that?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 am

Tweeg wrote:I have to say that 10-15 min to speak with reps is actually pretty good. 30 min is when its a bad or busy day. I think most centers figure that people will keep holding on if its important at the 10-15 min ratio and for piddly crap inquires they'll just hang up and the abandon rate will be minimal.

Aye. Like I said, I wouldn't be pissed about the wait if this wasn't a vital utility that held a monopoly on this particular service, and if it hadn't become a literally every day thing.

2. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. That person on the other end may have shitty ass policies and procedures to follow within the guidelines of trying to “help you”, if they feel like helping you they more than likely will. If you just fly off the handle and explain your utter contempt for them and the organization they probably can find some way to give you the run around and not help you or pass the buck.

That's the thing; I can't bring myself to act on the phone like I did in that email. I will be polite, or at least calm, as hell on the phone. The email was my chance to vent after about a month's worth of frustration.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:That's the thing; I can't bring myself to act on the phone like I did in that email. I will be polite, or at least calm, as hell on the phone. The email was my chance to vent after about a month's worth of frustration.

Dealing with them from what your saying defniatly sounds like a pain in the ass. You may have to just have to set aside a day off and have to sacrafice it to day of hold time and go up as far the chain as you can. Don't accept a call back from a supervivsor cause that may take forever, tell the rep you'll wait. Alot of times customer service reps have average handle times they have to maintain to keep their stats so if your making it clear they are going to have to deal with you they should be able to get you up the chain. Best of luck!!

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Also, while it's generally best to be to nice to the rep, sometimes you have to get pissed off. The last time I called Charter, I had to break down and yell for a while before I could get escalated to someone who mattered.

It didn't help, though. I know what the fucking problem is - they keep switching us suddenly between the Madison and Eau Claire node. I can't get Charter to recognize this, they just keep replacing this fucking modem.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Tweeg wrote:better business burro

Someone draw this guy.

I'm thinking bowler hat at jaunty angle.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 pm

:cry:

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:58 am

AW SNAP SON YOU DONE GOT TROLLED.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Bunyip wrote:
Tweeg wrote:better business burro

Someone draw this guy.

I'm thinking bowler hat at jaunty angle.

Reminds me of the "monkey's choice" bananas we get on the rig. Picture on the box of an orang utan wearing a fedora. (OOK!)
i before e except after a few beers

Return to “Angry Thoughts”