Concert abandonment

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Concert abandonment

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Is it socially permissible to hate friends who first tell you that they are going to pick up bulk tickets at cheap-y prices for the upcoming Nine Inch Nails / Jane's Addiction tour, including one for you, but then they tell you that they did, in fact, not get enough tickets and you'd probably be better off buying one on your own? And that when you ask if they are still going to be able to give you a ride to the show, as that was also part of the original plan, they leave you hanging with "We're still working out the rides"?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Yes.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Those people are flakes, never depend on them.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Ugh. That's almost as bad as artists who flake the day before the gig.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Bide your time until something comes up that they are really excitted about, then mention you know a guy who can get you tickets for FREE.
Offer them a ride, say a family member is visiting who has a mini van ... you won a contest ... your going to rent a limo, anything to make them think they have a lift. That way they;ll think you'll pick them up day of the event with tickets in hand.

Then the day of call them and see if they got your voice mail saying that your bud lost the tickets so they're better off trying to get tickets themselves.

MU HA HA HA HA

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 am

Stuff like that calls for an act of urban terrorism.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 am

The real bitch of it is that I try and make it a point to go see NIN whenever they're in town, and apparently this is the last tour Reznor plans on doing for a while.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Angry Thoughts”