Dirty Fun With Half-Life 2! [GFX]

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:48 am

The G-man looks like he's enjoying himself a bit too much for the circumstances..

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Wouldn't you be happy if you were being hit with moist, delicious cake?

(translated: I'm still learning to play with facial features. Garry's Mod 10 has a lot more features than the last version I used, almost to the point of being overly complicated for something that's supposed to be fun...)
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 pm

I guess cake-to-the-face could just be the G-man's preferred method of recieving cake..

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Sort of a "just hook it to my veins" approach?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:56 am

Pretty much. :)

So, anyway, movie scene recreations are once again open, if anyone has any requests...?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:39 am

Alyx and Dr. Kleiner come to blows over who drank her OJ. She had her name written on it and everything! (Part 1)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:So, anyway, movie scene recreations are once again open, if anyone has any requests...?

Any of these would be swell:
  1. Napoleon Dynamite's dance scene (maybe two or three poses from it)
  2. Any ship to ship battle from Pirates of the Caribbean, but I want to be able to identify some main characters
  3. Darth Vader strangling someone and/or the Emperor zapping Mace Windu out the window

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:So, anyway, movie scene recreations are once again open, if anyone has any requests...?

Michael Biehn losing it in "The Abyss" maybe?
Or Combine doing 'Springtime for Hitler'?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:23 am

I choose... 3, and then 2. Bag, your requests are typically both enticingly challenging and frustratingly impossible. :)

And it's been way too long since I've watched the Abyss, and never in "order", to do that scene, so the Combine will be making fascism funny.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:The Combine will be making fascism funny.

Yay! :)

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:26 pm

dogmeat wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:The Combine will be making fascism funny.

Yay! :)

Kim Jong Il beat them to it.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

hobokenbob wrote:Kim Jong Il beat them to it.

Except he's a communist.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:57 am

... These are still going to take me a while, by the way. I try to be picky about the final look, and also, the new version of Garry's Mod takes forever to fire up.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm worth the wait.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:10 am

... who are you, again? :twisted:

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:55 am

I know, I'm being totally slow, as per usual, at getting to these. They will be done, I swear. :) Eventually.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 am

So it is known, I was getting ready to work on the Springtime for Hitler stuff when I discovered that the key that's supposed to let me rotate and place a piece / prop / ragdoll however I want is not working. This makes things impossible. :(

Considering I actually paid for Garry's Mod this time, harsh words are going to be had. Hopefully I'll actually be able to put some time in on this this week and have something to show by Friday.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 am

Finally, yessss... These will get better as I get more used to the options in the newest version of gmod. It's not the best angle, but I wanted to show off that I'd actually posed the fingers. I'm not sure if that reflects well on me, or not...

And closer to the actual shot from the movie:

Ignore the office chair laying in the background. It's a complete pain in the ass to actually get the ragdolls to sit on those things, and since I didn't really plan on having it fit into either shot, I tossed it out of the way, and then forgot about it. :?

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Heh, good work.
Though I'm left thinking of 'crushing your head!' from Kids In The Hall... :)

Return to “Creative Thoughts”