Taking a small chance on posting these

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Token
Buy EA games; they are great?

Postby Token » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 pm

After many emails back and forth between tech support and myself, I can finally access my server again, so I'll have those CoT reference shots up later today or tomorrow. Not until plut posts some more snips of the 'chaos in red' stories though! You hear me, plut?!

ps. The CoT reference shots are really not exciting at all, so when I post them and you're disappointed, don't yell at me.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Token wrote:ps. The CoT reference shots are really not exciting at all, so when I post them and you're disappointed, don't yell at me.

Translation: They are shit hot and you will be blown away.

:rotate:

Token

Postby Token » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 pm

Blown away by a double-barreled shit machine gun.

/Trailer Park Boys
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Token

Postby Token » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:54 am

Ok, so here are a couple of screen grabs (not screen shots) from the stadium with the small CoT reference. A stadium which was unfortunatly left out of the game because of legal issues.

The first image shows the actual reference, the letters CoT across a couple of small electrical boxes, and the second shot shows the area they're in.
The boxes are around the player bench area and player entrance tunnel, so when the game starts, the camera will be panning around in the red square area as the players take to the field. The blue square in the second shot surrounds the electrical boxes.
I had to make the reference extremely subtle, because our Art Director will flip through every texture to make sure there is nothing in any of the stadiums that say stuff like "GoldenPalace.com" and the like. I actually thought that putting in a lowercase 'o' was going to get noticed, but it slipped by.
I was basically hoping that the camera would pan out as the players came up through the tunnel, and then swing to the right to get a view of them moving to the bench, and in turn catch the reference in the shot.

Also, no judging on the quality of that work, there's no lighting or after effects (obviously) and that particular stadium has been hacked to shit since it was cut from the game.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 am

Heh, nice. Thanks for posting those..

But who would put an electrical box there of all places.. Surely that's a trip hazard.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:27 am

Which stadium would it've been then?

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm

dogmeat wrote:Which stadium would it've been then?

Token wrote:Though if you're ever playing Fifa 2006, look for it when the players enter the field in Anfield.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:18 pm

Ah ha. In between the burned out cars then. :)

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:30 pm

That's why it wasn't in the final game. Some scouser nicked it...

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Wow.... that's pretty awesome.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Token

Postby Token » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:08 am

A couple shots from World Cup 06. Yet another soccer game. I find these stadiums to be at least a bit more interesting though.
When I can I'll post some shots of Fifa07, where I finally got to do some lighting for the game (exciting!) but they're still just soccer stadiums (boooo).

edit: I almost forgot, the stadium that has the CoT reference in it is apparently going into this year's version of the game. Hopefully the camera catches it at some point.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:26 pm

Nice (shots and potential reference).

Token

Postby Token » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Bad news. The texture that the reference was on has had its resolution reduced quite a bit, so even if the camera's do catch it, you won't be able to read what it says.

Oh well... it's the thought that counts. I'll try again with the next game I'm on.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:28 am

Oh well. In our hearts we'll know that in the game that we'll never play there was once a CoT reference..

Good effort though!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:04 am

I've actually been in the technical area of Anfield - when I'm next at home (Monday) I'll find the photos and link them. Then you can see where the CoT box would be, in real life, if it existed!
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:50 am

Annoyingly, all of my pictures of the inside of the stadium are taken from the technical area where Token placed his CoT panel. As in, you can't see where his panel would go because I'm standing there looking outwards with the camera.

I'll see what Nic's photos are like and if she has anything that would fit in with that area. I'm pretty sure we've got some photos of me looking very windswept in the technical area, so hopefully we can find something.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:34 am

I just found out someone I know is a project manager at EA. I could so tattle on you!

Token

Postby Token » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 am

Project managers. Pfff. Think they're so good. What with their scheduling and fancy graphs.

What's the name of your friend? If they work at the Vancouver office I guess, otherwise I don't care.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Nope, Playa Vista (next to Marina Del Rey). So basically LA.

Return to “Creative Thoughts”