Chaos in Red

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:45 am

This is so Token will put up the much drooled after CoT screenshots.

<b><i>dogmeat</i></b>

There was only one thing for it, he had to actually get off his ass and take action. Logging off the MMORPG that was eating his life made him realise what he was missing all this time. All these wasted hours. And what to show for it? Nothing besides an inflated electricity bill. <b>Then the home phone rang, nobody rang him on that number because he'd never given it out to a soul.</b>

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:39 am

Square721BT

He paced the floor with manic energy, a cold sweat begining to prickle out across his forehead. Who could be calling? Who on earth could know this number? The phrase kept rolling around in his head.
"Never given it out to a soul."
"Never a soul." "
"Never."

And then it hit him with shocking clarity. Who would know a number never given to a soul? Why, someone without a soul, of course.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:17 pm

The plot thickens..

Man I'm starting to see how I ended up with the sentence that I got. Well, actually, Kauser was before me so the sentence he got could've been

"And the fluffy bunnies had a lovely tea party where there was lots of cake and scones"

and it would've ended up with:

"Dripping with the blood of a thousand innocents, Spargblad the Enforcer steadied his smiting axe, and took stock of the souls that today he had smote."

:rotate:

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:38 am

Shit; Plut, I'm beginning to realise I really didn't get the vibe right at all, did I? Sorry.

Really enjoying watching this all pan out, mind you. :-)
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:23 am

I apparently changed it drastically in the next entry, but in what direction? We'll wait and see!

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:34 am

Gobo wrote:I apparently changed it drastically in the next entry, but in what direction? We'll wait and see!

Why, someone without a soul, of course. He broke out into a cold sweat once more. There could be only one person on the other end of that line.... Pat Boone!
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Token
Buy EA games; they are great?

Postby Token » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:34 am

Gobo wrote:I apparently changed it drastically...

Pretty sure I did the same.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:36 am

Rob wrote:Shit; Plut, I'm beginning to realise I really didn't get the vibe right at all, did I? Sorry.

Nope, see, there was no way to screw this up or to in anyway disappoint me. I cackle to myself drawing this stuff. Oddly, I cackle at random times while drawing anyway.
No matter, everything went great. I appreciate everyone's participation. If I could pay you guys, um, indeed. Hm.

And about the changing drastically, that was indeed my hopes.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Rob wrote:Shit; Plut, I'm beginning to realise I really didn't get the vibe right at all, did I? Sorry.

Really enjoying watching this all pan out, mind you. :-)

Heck, I got it bloody wrong too. :)

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:04 pm

it'll be really curious to see all this take a right turn into yiff erotica. thats at least where it was when it got to me.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:39 pm

Gobi

"What's a soul matter though?" she asked herself. It has no practical value, it's not as if I can use it to buy new clothes, or use it to pay the bills. All in all she figured it's something she could live happily without. She had no clue how deeply the loss of a soul would affect her. At the time however she didn't care, she felt it was definitely a trade that worked in her favour.

(Yep, Joseph is a chick right now.)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 pm

I figured the point of the story was to see how far each person would take it from where it started, so I deliberately made mine different. I'm actually surprised at how coherent it has been so far.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I figured the point of the story was to see how far each person would take it from where it started, so I deliberately made mine different. I'm actually surprised at how coherent it has been so far.

That was the point, BoA. It was also why I was asking certain, specific people to write, because I figured they would kind of run one direction with it. Oddly, people seemed to sort of summerize their paragraph in the last sentence. WHich i am not saying ruined it, but kept it one the same-ish track.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 pm

. wrote: Oddly, people seemed to sort of summerize their paragraph in the last sentence.

Yeah, I kinda did that on purpose. The only other motivating factor was to make sure there was something in there for plut to draw.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:04 am

I guess I should have made that a rule or something.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:17 am

. wrote:I guess I should have made that a rule or something.

But then you'd get entries like "He paced across his vividly decorated one bedroom studio apartment. Pinstripe wallpaper adorned the walls, the lush, green shag pile carpet felt good against his bare feet. Little bit of hair on that big toe there, he'll have to give that a shave next time he's in the shower. Improve his aerodynamics."

:rotate:

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:24 am

At least that last line didn't scare me.

"Joseph had a great talent for obfuscation of the self, and while occupying a sort of cognitive limbo in the minds of others certainly had paid off in his formative years, he was now finding it lonely and isolating as an adult."

This got a "How the fuck am I supposed to draw THAT!?" I can totally draw a big, hairy toe.

Actually, lines like Eolh gave me made me cackle. Mainly because I know the author is thinking of one thing, but I rarely think on the same track, so it'll be a surprise for them when they see what I drew. It's win-lose-win-win-win-lose-win for everyone.

GOOR
hey

Postby GOOR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 am

I like those odds!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:05 pm

I just looked back at what I sent, and it leaves the story essentially in the same place as I found it, only the antagonist had changed.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:50 am

denihilist

It got her away. It gave her wings. Hadn't she always told herself that freedom was worth any price? Squeezing the steering wheel tighter she wondered, "Why won't the light change, doesn't it know I've made up my mind?

Return to “Creative Thoughts”