Chaos in Red

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:23 am

I know that feeling! Ha ha ha!... ha... er... ha. :oops:
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:19 pm

Plut asked me to post this, so....

"Although there wasn't much left of that anymore was there?" I mused to myself. It had become so easy to think in such a way that it was hard to believe that three years had already passed. I literally could, nay would, kill for a good night's sleep. The thought had passed my mind that it could be just that easy, a simple turn with the morning's razor, and everything could stop; the running, the hiding. It could all stop. Or would it? Every third day or so when I was finally too exhausted to go on, and inevitably succumbed to sleep, was when they came; the dreams, or visions. Men and women opening their mouths to speak, only to have tentacles erupt out of them in a hideous pantomime of civility. Still other dreams were far worse. I would not like to dwell on not being able to wake up, besides I was the last one left. Everyone else is already dead, brothers, sisters, cousin's. All dead.

I step out of the shower, feeling more hollow than anything else, and unwilling to become idle, I dress as quickly as possible. There was an all night diner not too far down the road; the coffee and walk should keep me up for at least a little longer.

Outside the temperature has dropped, and a light drizzle has started. "Oh well," I tell myself, as I start my walk to the diner. Steam rises off of the asphalt, and from the vents on manhole covers, there are no people around, any traffic; not even any lights on in the surrounding buildings. The pangs in my stomach continue. I'm not hungry, but it's that natural way your body tells you something's wrong. "Whatever the fuck that means," I say to no one at all, as I continue to walk, ignoring the sensation.

Passing by an alleyway, I hear a sobbing. "Hello?" I ask, standing at the precipice. That's when I see something, someone, familiar.

"Dave?!" I yell into the alleyway, as I run up to the half-naked, soaking-wet, and shivering man. "I. I though you were gone? Where the hell have you been?!" I nearly scream into his face, though he barely seems to notice.

He looks at me, not an arms length away, and rasps, "Run." I move forward trying to pull my younger brother close, but he staggers back three steps, and screams "NO!"

I cannot comprehend what is happening. My brother doubles over in pain his arms covering his abdomen. In great pain he looks at me and says, "Never stop running. It won't let us die." A sharp cracking noise comes from by brother's abdomen. With what seemed to be an impossible feat, he tore his torso from his waist, each tumbling against the opposite wall of the narrow alley. As an alien chittering noise came from somewhere deep within the remains, a writhing wormy mass of tentacles extruded from the two halves of what was once my brother, and as I screamed my throat out, the maw fell upon me.
Last edited by Kauser on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Oh, it all makes sense now..

..Pretty awesome.

:rotate:

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how it goes from where it is now to how it came to me.
08) Druhim
09) GOOR
10) Kauser
11) Sporky
12) Buny
13) pablo
14) BoA

I'm guessing Kauser had something to do with it.

I knew it! Okay so with one hand I will pat you on the back for a cool entry, but with the other hand I will wag my finger at you for your seeming random use of verb tense.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. It's unproofed; mostly pulled from my notebook and put into prose.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Bag of Ass wrote: Okay so with one hand I tip my hat for a cool entry, but with the other hand I will wag my finger at you for your seeming random use of verb tense.

fixed it for you.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:05 pm

. wrote:Just for the record, the notebook I have this all written down in is in a box somewhere in the house. When I am able to unpack said box, I will post more.

I fully admit to being way behind on it. I have never been good on keeping up with things. Ever.

unpacked yet?
i before e except after a few beers

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:59 pm

No, but I happen to have Sporky's. (You can indirectly thank Buny for this update.)

Crashing to the floor from the strength of the initial tentacle blow I was left, winded. The strange being circled around me, surveying my limp body for extra juicy bits to upgrade its own rag-doll form. Desperately trying to play dead I fought off the urge to vomit as a slimy tentacle slowly ran its way over my leg -- painfully twisted in a direction it shouldn't. With every chitter uttered forth from this terrible being my soul diminished, will to live slowly ebbing away like someone had left a tap on. Finally it stopped circling, and stood over my limp body. The being's head, shadowed, bobbed up and down in crazy arcs. The chittering rising in intensity, increasing in speed, like it was laughing at me. Laughing at the poor, bent wretch laid before it in sacrifice. Suddenly, something inside of me woke up. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and with every muscle tense I prepared.

In one swift movement I leapt to my feet, deftly flicked the wayward tentacle aside and reached inside my trouser pocket; fight or flight perhaps the only options left.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:55 am

Buny

In one swift movement I leapt to my feet, deftly flicked the wayward tentacle aside and reached inside my trouser pocket; fight or flight perhaps the only options left.

Instead of the knife I'd expected to find, the object there was pliant and warm. I realised what it was as I pulled it out, but too late to avoid looking at it: a child's foot, neatly severed. Faced with the horror in front of me and the horror I now dropped from my hand, all thoughts of resistance fled, and so did I. The walls bulged inwards as I ran for the door, which folded in half and dwindled when I pushed through. I realised, distantly, that the threat was not just internal; the thing was sending tentacles into my mind as well.

I ran through a sort of mist, feeling its malevolent presence at my back. Half-formed dreamscapes from my everyday nightmares appeared and dissolved around me: a train station, a school, a forest, a hospital. I tried to wake up, or to fly, to somehow take control of my terror, but it was clear my pursuer was in control, and the last vestiges of my reason told me this headlong flight was exactly what it wanted. I found myself stumbling up a rocky path along a jagged spur of rock, and forced myself to stop. I had time to realise the path ended just ahead, and realised how close I'd come. I'd fallen from a great height often enough in sleep, but this was not exactly sleep, and I suspected I would not have woken up on impact.

I forced myself to turn around and face the beast. It was moving slower now, as it knew I was cornered. I felt a buzzing in the air as it slowly emerged from the mist. The buzzing became a jarring vibration which made my eyes water, and triggered a violent rhythmic pain in the back of my jaw. With a shock, I realised it was speaking to me.

"Why do you run? Don't you like me? I've surely made life interesting for you, haven't I?"

"Stop," I protested, feebly. "I've gone mad, you're not real."

"On the contrary," the buzzing continued. "You're the closest to sanity now that you've been in quite a while. Your mind's been taking a little holiday. But you've been busy all the same, or I have. Do you want to go back and see what I've done? What you've done?"

I'd retreated to the edge of the precipice, and as the tentacles reached for me again, I realised that the monster wore my face.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:40 am

Ah man. Now I feel really bad for my paltry effort!

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:11 am

Ho man. Bunz comes up trumps!

Bet that was fun to pick something out to draw..

:rotate:

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:50 pm

Okay, honestly, I am horrified at the thought of having to draw some of these things. My intention is to fill a page with each person's section, so if that means one drawing or a series of drawings, I'm cool with it.

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone did an awesome job and I appreciate everyone who participated, but cripes, you people certainly make it hard on a person, don't you!?

OH! And as I told Buny, I'm working on an art site and CiR will be put up in its entirety on there. Sooooooo..

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:49 pm

I wrote: I realised, distantly, that the threat was not just internal;

Oops, that should be "external". My bad.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:59 pm

Oh great! Now the whole thing is ruined!

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:48 am

I thought I had already done that.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 am

Pablo

I'd retreated to the edge of the precipice, and as the tentacles reached for me again, I realised that the monster wore my face.
"Oh that is IT!" I yelled.
Taking the monster by surprise I ducked past the tentacles and planted a shoulder into its' midsection, and bounced off....
Next thing I knew I was dangling face first down the precipice with a tentacle around each leg. Had the monster just saved me? For what purpose?
Could I communicate with it now that it wore my face?
As the tentacles dragged my back up I spoke to it. "What is it you want?"
The face, my face, remained impassive. A suckered appendage wrapped around my head and I felt the sensation that comes from thinking of nothing really hard, then thoughts flooded me.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Ignore the year on the datestamp, and it's right on time.

Also, what's the deal, Pablo, with the apostrophe after the s? Go back to grammar school!

Also, I think the next entry is mine. I remember writing it when I was on vacation in Nam, sitting next to the pool at night in a town whose name sounds a lot like the word for mosquito, while being bitten by (you guessed it) mosquitoes.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:01 am

BoA

A suckered appendage wrapped around my head and I felt the sensation that comes from thinking of nothing really hard, then thoughts flooded me.

Thoughts of home, my childhood, the one that got away. I guess your life really does flash before your eyes when you're about to die.

The terrifying squid beast from Planet X gripped my head as a two-foot cockroach in a lab coat entered the room. In one of its hands it held a silver syringe with a bright green, glowing liquid. The cockroach skittered across the room directly at me, and from the shadows in the corner came a low rumbling. "Here, human. This will make you whole." As the cockroach man jammed the syringe into my one good eye, and the radioactive substance surged within, I could think only one thing.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Wow, this is still going?

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:00 pm

OMGBEES wrote:Wow, this is still going?

Depends on your definition of the word "going".
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Return to “Creative Thoughts”