Super serious photos you took with your camera (nsf56k)

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 pm

I see some bling in that cat pic!
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Diamond solitaire!

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 am

Wow, Disneyland Resort Paris doesn't look like it smells as much as you'd expect a French park. The castle looks like it got a scaled-down version of the twinkly lights from CA / FL too.

Seems like fun, anyway.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 am

Eolh, Bag - that would be Nic's engagement ring. There are better pictures of it somewhere, if I can remember where I'll link/post one. It was very expensive (to me, anyway)... but she's very proud of it.

And who knew? Wedding rings (usually) cost an awful lot less than engagement rings, which came as a pleasant surprise to me when we were out looking at suitable wedding rings late last year.

Spork - it's actually a great place, we've been twice now on New Years Eves, and we'd go again. The ratio of annoying French teenagers (can there be anything worse?) to ordinary people is quite high, but it's okay. The park is unbelievably busy (we were told it's the busiest day of the year) but it's still a great day/night out. Once you've been, you know the scene and the best routes for subsequent visits.

Food's terrible though. It's not nice to stand in a long queue for ages (with aforementioned annoying French brat-teens pushing in and smoking etc) just to finally have a stilted conversation with a bored local who really can't be bothered to take any special details or requirements from you and will keep insisting that you point to one of the 3 meal-deals that are offered, seemingly oblivious to all the other foods that are promised on the displays. This happened to us more than once (and it's not a language thing, Nic speaks great French). I guess it's just because they're so busy on NYE.

We say: make sure you have a decent breakfast before you get there, take a packed lunch or accept that it will be hotdogs/burgers etc from a stall, and resign yourself to waiting forever to receive something crummy and expensive for your evening meal.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:27 pm

I just don't think I could bring myself to go. I've been spoiled by the amazing cuisine available at WDW and the fact that all FL cast members are chirpy by default.

Still, it'd probably be cheaper than the £3k for 2 weeks that I've just spent..

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Chirpy is a good point - we only had one really chirpy cast member, that was the camp lift attendant for the new Tower Of Terror ride - he played the part of a creepy, slightly sinister guy really well (and the actor was clearly enjoying himself too).
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Return to “Creative Thoughts”