Once upon a time...

Strut your ham. Eat your shorts. OMGBEEGEES

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Token
Buy EA games; they are great?

Once upon a time...

Postby Token » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 am

Another art challenge I did for work. This time we were given the text to a page of a children's book, and had to create the imagery for it.
I got off pretty easy and was given the first page with the text "Once upon a time in a little French town".
My project is coming to a head right now, so time to work on it (much like the Yellow Brick Road challenge) was very limited.
I'm happy with the product though. Did the actual picture of the town with simple geometry and textures in Maya, and got the detail with a moderately complex lighting set up.
All the other stuff was done in Photoshop almost as an after thought, but it ended up pulling it all together quite nicely.
If I had more time I would have put detail into the buildings and ground. Paths, grass/rock, windows, chimneys, etc.
Oh well.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 am

Looks good. How did it compare to other efforts?

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:51 am

Neat. The simple geometry makes it seem like the kind of illustration you'd expect in a childrens book.

Token
Buy EA games; they are great?

Postby Token » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:35 am

dogmeat wrote:Looks good. How did it compare to other efforts?

Hard to say, everybody has such different styles. All the entries were great though. Most people used more traditional tools (pen & ink) and ranged from total children's book style, simple lines, bright colors, cartoonish to crazy realistic or abstract. Almost something you'd think would be hanging on a wall somewhere.
Wish I could post them here, but they're not mine to post.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Return to “Creative Thoughts”