with love and loathing/ Dave's link depot

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri May 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Bunyip wrote:Everyone is abuzz who thinks that Hollywood is important.

FUCK Hollywood.

(random senseless rant brought to you by the Vote for Bunyip organisation)

You go, Bunyip. Way to stick it to The Man!

The only real reason I want to go see The Day After Tomorrow is to see LA and New York get torn to shreds...
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Fri May 28, 2004 4:36 pm

And yet it was filmed (at least partially) in Montreal...

It got a good review in the paper today... maybe it's not as bad as it looks... fuck who am I kidding I'll end up seeing it eventually and probably like it... I mean I liked Armageddon, Deep Impact AND Independence Day... (in fact I think I own all three... not sure about Armageddon though)

Lobstrosity
Scientific American

Postby Lobstrosity » Fri May 28, 2004 4:45 pm

Bad review here: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Armageddon was complete crap. If this is anything like that (and it seems like it is) then I want nothing to do with it.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat May 29, 2004 1:00 am

Right-click, save as for a 3D screenshot of Halo 2. Moderately interactive! (needs quicktime)

You wrote:What is a 3D screenshot?

I'm glad you asked! The Bungie guys basically play the game trying to make cool stuff happen, then when something does, they have a tool that lets them pause the action and take stills from virtual cameras all around. Sort of like Trinity when she does that jump kick thingy. In this particular shot, an Elite is killing two Masters Chief with a plasma sword on the Zanzibar map shown at E3.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat May 29, 2004 5:03 am

Even though it would take me over an hour to download that, I will drool anyway, for I really like Halo, and the description you gave sounds really cool.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat May 29, 2004 6:02 am

I won't even dignify you dial-up bitches with the low-res version.

Well shit...

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat May 29, 2004 12:48 pm

Bizarre story.... like the judge says, writers of fiction would struggle to make this convincing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 758209.stm
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Sat May 29, 2004 8:14 pm

we were throwing that around one of my IRC channels the other day. I think general consensus was that had the boy not been only 15 years old, it might have proved harder to convince him.

That said, who's to say Bunyip isn't going to turn up here and stab us all to death.

It clearly shows that there are issues with the internet and no, real ways to police it. I actually think that the internet will become illegal soon enough. At least for under 18's, or something.

Aenimal
Minister Of Discussion

Postby Aenimal » Sat May 29, 2004 8:40 pm

Cool. http://www.greenparty.ca/index.php?module=article&view=88

Though I'm sure this could be end up being just as much a bad thing as a good thing. Someone's bound to find a loop-hole.
"Just look at these superfluous people! They are always ill, they vomit their bile and call it a newspaper. They devour one another and cannot even digest themselves." Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sat May 29, 2004 11:28 pm

ha ha ha ha ha you read stuff from the green party of canada.

ha ha ha ha ha ha hahaha

ha ha

HA
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun May 30, 2004 7:06 am

Gobo wrote:And yet it was filmed (at least partially) in Montreal...

It got a good review in the paper today... maybe it's not as bad as it looks... fuck who am I kidding I'll end up seeing it eventually and probably like it... I mean I liked Armageddon, Deep Impact AND Independence Day... (in fact I think I own all three... not sure about Armageddon though)

Is this because of the sheer amount of Americans who perish?
i before e except after a few beers

Aenimal
Minister Of Discussion

Postby Aenimal » Sun May 30, 2004 3:32 pm

Tweeg wrote:ha ha ha ha ha you read stuff from the green party of canada.

That's right..... Don't hate, you dirty maritimer! Who are you voting for huh?

...Simplify mannnnn.
"Just look at these superfluous people! They are always ill, they vomit their bile and call it a newspaper. They devour one another and cannot even digest themselves." Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun May 30, 2004 4:40 pm

i'm gonna vote for the green party man
they were like you can smoke your ballet
and I was like WOAH
and they were like WOAH
and then .. I was like ... woah

---

its actually gonna be a crazy race this year, all the parties bringing back old warhorses out of retirement and what not

wooo

and everyones using the word American like its a fightin word .. haha now thats the Canada I like to see.

"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun May 30, 2004 8:23 pm

There are elections in Canada? Is it like, whoever brings down the most elk with a bone knife wins, or something?

Yes, I know. Canada joke, very original. I had to get it out of my system.

PsychoLarry1
Secretly a Robot

Postby PsychoLarry1 » Mon May 31, 2004 12:13 am

Be careful TMCM, Tweeg might have to start using Harsh Language!!
I was funny once...once

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon May 31, 2004 1:23 am

Damn that Helen Clarke and her anti Australian policies!

interesting fact, New Zealand doesn't allow ships and submarines carrying nuclear arms or that are nuclear powered into the country.

This obviously threw the Anzus treaty right out of whack way back when they did it. It's not like anyone would invade New Zealand though, those big Maori blokes are scary, and clonetroopers.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Mon May 31, 2004 6:22 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:There are elections in Canada? Is it like, whoever brings down the most elk with a bone knife wins, or something?

Yes, I know. Canada joke, very original. I had to get it out of my system.

No, it's the first to get from their igloo to the post office on their dogsled.
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon May 31, 2004 6:28 am

They have to stop the dogs before they reach the post office though. Remember 1964-68 when Canada was headed by a Husky?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 31, 2004 11:36 am

If I remember right, the Canuck economy took an upswing those years. I heard there were some vicious clashes between the Husky and the oxen, dragons, and sheep in Parliament, though.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Mon May 31, 2004 2:36 pm

PsychoLarry1 wrote:Be careful TMCM, Tweeg might have to start using Harsh Language!!

must

bite

tongue

Return to “The Vault”