Bunyip presents: Weekend Review!

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:10 pm

The Forgotten

Goddamn kid boarding a plane / Wind wind wind

Julianne Moore sucks.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:55 am

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, this time on DVD.

Still good. Still a prolonged sadness yet still uplifting. Special Features reveal that Kate Winslet really sounds a lot like Daphne on Frasier.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:47 am

I need to try and struggle through more than 15 minutes of that movie again. Jake is offended that I haven't.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:33 am

First manga collection of Battle Royale

Wow. Jesus. Some Other Word Expressing Astonishment.

I wonder where my mental health is at exactly when I enjoy a book like this. For those who are unfamiliar with it, BR is set in an Orwell-was-a-puss dystopian nightmare of a Japan; hardcore police state. Once a year, a lottery picks a ninth-grade class, 42 students in all, who they then kidnap and take to a remote island.

Once there, they are given a bag of basic rations, a weapon, and are told to hunt each other down. They're each fitted with an explosive collar to help convince them (not to mention the armed guards and patrol boats surrounding the island), and if 24 hours goes by without a kill, everyone dies.

The killings in this are rendered in a gruesome amount of detail. One girl kills another by sticking a scythe in the side of her neck and then slowly drawing it all the way 'round, and you see it all.

Fairly merciless in the imagery dept./Will have to read more than one to see if there's an actual story to go along with it
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:51 am

Why doi I have two versions of the Canon in D that are in two seperate keys? Someone is lying!

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:32 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:First manga collection of Battle Royale

I saw the movie of that, one of the main characters ended up with a saucepan lid as a weapon. tee hee!
i before e except after a few beers

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:55 pm

Square721BT wrote:I need to try and struggle through more than 15 minutes of that movie again. Jake is offended that I haven't.

I never got a chance to tell you that I was too!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:29 am

pablo banquo wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:First manga collection of Battle Royale

I saw the movie of that, one of the main characters ended up with a saucepan lid as a weapon. tee hee!

Yeah, at the beginning, this guy flees into the woods with this girl he has sworn to protect until they find a way to beat the Program. Opening her bag up to scrounge for supplies, he finds she's been given a boomerang for a weapon.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:32 am

Square721BT wrote:Why doi I have two versions of the Canon in D that are in two seperate keys? Someone is lying!

That's hilarious.

Bandleader: "So we're going to play Canon in D...in G flat."

Trumpet: "You fuck!"

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:43 am

Would this be Pachelbel's Canon? Because I've heard (and played) that damn thing in quite a few different keys.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:04 pm

Continued HERE
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Return to “The Vault”