So, how was your day?

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:17 am

GOOR wrote:Dooo eet.

Speaking of...tuna, I finarry got my "pro-rate" motorcyle insurance for a few months. On the morrow I shall tearest up the streets in a totally law-abiding manner. VreeeeooyeoooCLICKoooooomCLICKweeeeeeeeeeeh

Goor, you non-rebel you. :)

As for my own motorcycle, I have learned that your average Detroit motorist pays about as much attention to someone on a motorcycle as someone in a parking lot pays attention to those miniature stop signs.

Bag of Ass wrote:The epic Dark Tower series comes to an end tomorrow! I'm so excited. And, you know what? I just can't hide it.

Shut it! That's what I was at Wally Mart for, to see if I could pick it up tonight. No dice. Now I have to wait for another 4 hours before I can potentially get it. I could possibly die in the next four hours. Damn it.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:32 am

Thorn wrote:Badical. I was thinking about it the other day: what would I need to do to get a motorcycle!

Find a 40 year old in the throes of a midlife crisis and hit him squarely in the knees with a tire iron.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:35 am

Square721BT wrote:
Thorn wrote:Badical. I was thinking about it the other day: what would I need to do to get a motorcycle!

Find a 40 year old in the throes of a midlife crisis and hit him squarely in the knees with a tire iron.

Make sure you wait until after he's started lifting weights and smoking pot with the teenage next-door neighbor, though.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:47 am

That way, insult will be added to injury when your father fellates him in the hospital.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:06 am

How goes things with the car, oh hirsute one?
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Thrillhouse
Disciple

Postby Thrillhouse » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:44 pm

My day was awesome. I didnt bother going to any of my classes, got drunk and saw the beastie boys, which was the greatest concert EVER!

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:13 pm

Jesus, I had some weird nightmare last night in which I forgot to go to one of my classes or something, and I told someone in the dream that I have nightmares like this all the time.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:14 pm

Rob wrote:How goes things with the car, oh hirsute one?

Waiting for payday so I can afford to fix it. I got my glasses on Monday, though. Even with insurance, it was $106. That was kind of painful. They should be ready in 10-12 days.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:35 pm

Well, I know how that feels (got stung for my own glasses a few weeks back). Ouch.

Got Burnout 3 today. Will be chucking it out of the machine in frustrated disgust in 5..4..3..2..1.. :-)

On a lighter note, today I managed to namecheck a Coil album in a mini-review (of something else) that I wrote for Two-Bit.

By gods, I'll yet have the credibility that I so crave!
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:46 pm

Square721BT wrote:
Rob wrote:How goes things with the car, oh hirsute one?

Waiting for payday so I can afford to fix it. I got my glasses on Monday, though. Even with insurance, it was $106. That was kind of painful. They should be ready in 10-12 days.

Concerning your car, you might want to try your hand at it yourself. It tends to be cheaper, The job itself isn't too difficult, most jobs involving the front wheels aren't difficult. The only "special" tools needed tend to be a special hex pattern socket to remove the calipers. Which normally are under a buck and keyed to your make/model/year, everything else comes off with a socket set, well everything you can fix yourself.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:29 am

Rob wrote:On a lighter note, today I managed to namecheck a Coil album in a mini-review (of something else) that I wrote for Two-Bit.

By gods, I'll yet have the credibility that I so crave!

You listen to Coil?!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:22 pm

Er no, although I might have some Coil stuff handy somewhere (it rings a bell, as it were).

I was looking for other albums that shared the theme "stolen, thieved, knicked, burgled" and one of their album titles came up. Nothing more impressive (or hip) than that.

(This will make more sense if/when you read the review).

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:29 pm

I'm guessing the album was Stolen and Contaminated songs, one of their remix thingies.

Well, that's cool. Is it up on Twobit?

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:34 pm

That was the title! never heard it, mind.

As for being online; not yet, I don't believe, but then I only sent it to Plut late last night so she won't have had a chance yet.

As for the "reminder" - yeah, but you'll have to hang fire until I get back home tonight (I don't have the login details to my own CoT server admin account handy here in the office). Should get back to you around 4 hours from the timestamp of this post (whatever time it seems to be in your foreign world).

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:42 pm

At that time, I will have a nice song off of Too High to Die for you.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:39 pm

I just bought a fair amount of stuff from Amazon. I'm sure more material possessions will cheer me up.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:
Thorn wrote:The ticket will come in the mail, Bag. Or it should. All mine have. You get the citation from the officer, and then the ticket comes in the mail with a return envelope for a check. If you're suuuper worried though, try this:
http://www.ca.gov/state/portal/myca_county_courts2.jsp

Went to that site and they didn't have my ticket on record. Probably takes a day or two to kick in, huh? How long has it usually been before they mail you yours, Thorn?

I just checked and they still don't have my citation on record. Maybe I will call them later. One time my friend said he got a ticket and they didn't have a record of it so they told him not to worry about it. Fingers crossed...

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:24 pm

How did you manage to speed in a Prius? Were you going downhill?

Edit: In other news, woohoo 4000.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:25 pm

Talking of Amazon, Dyna, I just received:

Faith No More - The Real Thing (long-postponed replacement for knackered vinyl, and includes War Pigs too!)
The Cult - The Best Of Rare Cult
Ian Brown - Solarized
The Cult - Pure Cult (DVD)
The Cult - Live Cult (DVD)

(Yeah, I'm filling in the blanks on my Cult collection at the moment)

Marvellous. The "Best Of Rare Cult" album is annoying the bejesus out of the neighbours right now, and I hope they appreciate it - it's even better than I thought it would be. :-)

Plus, I found someone on Amazon selling a secondhand copy of "The Manor Sessions" - another classy rarity that I had "knicked". It's the album that comes after "Love" and before "Electric" - ie, it bridges the gap between melodic poppy-goth Cult and their ACDC-Rick-Rubin-babies phase. It was never properly released, most of the material was later re-recorded with Rubin in that "stripped down" form for Electric. So that's been purchased now, too.

In perhaps more important news, today I got my mortgage approved for the house. So that's it. Bar some legal exchanges of shit, as long as I give the solicitor the deposit, the house is mine. I expect to move in at some point in the next 4 weeks, and you lucky scamps will be able to see pics shortly thereafter.

And if anyone wants to come round for a beer once I'm in, you're welcome. But you'll have to share the spare bedroom with my guitars, drum pads, amplifiers, PA system, keyboard, recording desk and Kelly Brook calendar. (Somehow I doubt the latter is going to prove too much of an inconvenience). The spare room being the one furthest away from any humanity, it is hereby nominated "home studio" room. Ta-da!

edit: Woohoo 4000 for you, too!

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:25 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I just checked and they still don't have my citation on record. Maybe I will call them later. One time my friend said he got a ticket and they didn't have a record of it so they told him not to worry about it. Fingers crossed...

The cop probably never filed it, prolly too afraid of his coworkers thinking he was either insane, or a liar.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Return to “The Vault”