So, how was your day?

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:24 pm

My downstairs neighbor stomps around in retaliation when I listen to Van Halen. I listen to Van Halen in retaliation for my downstairs neighbor stomping around. It's not a good situation. Or maybe he's dancing? Maybe all the screaming and stomping is him headbanging and jumping up and down. Maybe Lord of the Dance himself lives down there. Or maybe I live above the smallest military academy in the USA. Who knows?
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:26 pm

Well, it is the future. I'm certain in the future where you live, soldiers have been made tiny.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:54 am

Congrats on the house, Rob! Good luck with the whole moving/rearranging thing, as well. I'll loan you my "moving shotgun." Not to be actually used, mind you, but as the full scope of packing all your shit up and getting it into the new place hits you, it's kind of nice to sit there and... stare at. And imagine.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:57 am

Thanks, 'Mistress. I'm not sure what you actually mean by "moving shotgun" but I'm going to take the thing literally and imagine that you mean a big gun that I can use whenever the stress of moving gets too much... :-)

Other news? Well, I'll probably blog this in more detail, but;
1) On the home stretch with "Amber" now, the big project we've been on the "death march" for since January. It's hard (and sometimes very demotivating) to work on the same piece of software every day for 9 months (insert own baby-making comments here). It's good to feel that we're nearly there. Our American clients visited the real CoT yesterday, and not only did we get a good meeting with a metaphorical thumbs up for our work, but we also got told that the penalities we had incurred for being late (a pretty significant amount of money, not too short of 5 figures and counting) were going to be waived. So we might actually come out of this one alive, after all....

2) Won £30 on a lottery ticket! That's paid for the next few weeks of lottery tickets now, at least

3) Saw someone I haven't seen for about a month yesterday, and he is convinced I've noticeably lost weight. I haven't (the scales don't lie) but it's an encouraging thought!
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:09 am

Maybe you didn't lose weight, but you did lose fat... or something like that...

This isn't the first time someones said something, so maybe by some manner you've turned some of that portly belly into lean mean muscly studliness...

Maybe...

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:50 pm

When I worked in the warehouse, I remember losing something like 12 or 14 inches off my waist by gaining 20 or 30 pounds.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:34 pm

Hmmm. Cool.

Reminds me, I need to find a home for the exercise bike, so that I can use it when the urge strikes me.

By the way, apropos of nothing; just discovered I have a bunch of GMail invites. Drop me a PM if anyone wants one.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:03 am

Rob wrote:Thanks, 'Mistress. I'm not sure what you actually mean by "moving shotgun" but I'm going to take the thing literally and imagine that you mean a big gun that I can use whenever the stress of moving gets too much... :-)

That's it. For use on your posessions or on other people, as the mood takes you... :)

Other news? Well, I'll probably blog this in more detail...

What was your LJ id? I've forgotten, but I've got my own now and would like to add ya to my friend list. It's a bit 'light' at the moment.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:14 am

what's your lj name TMCM?
i before e except after a few beers

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:05 am

tmcmistress. Original, ain't it? There's only three entries right at the moment, but I might put up another tonight.

chickenlips
Minister Of Discussion

Postby chickenlips » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:45 am

I move into my Cambridge flat today (finally). Whee! It would be even better if my head was not quite so full of snot.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:31 am

Wahey! Back in Blighty for you!

Hope you're both well - been following your LJ exploits.

On the subject of which; TMCM - it's "robsoft".

I've added you to my list already. :-)

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:48 pm

Exhausted, sore, miserable... and that was before I got to work... *sigh*

This is going to be a looooooong week

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:44 pm

chickenlips wrote:I move into my Cambridge flat today (finally). Whee! It would be even better if my head was not quite so full of snot.

England, huh...I bet they sell UK candies there.

Oh, I noticed your Bear Bait avatar was gone so I restored your original one.

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:08 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:tmcmistress. Original, ain't it? There's only three entries right at the moment, but I might put up another tonight.

I'll remind myself to add you to my list tonight! ;)
piggies

gorillaman
Minister Of Discussion

Postby gorillaman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:47 pm

Today I quintupled my hard disk space, re-organised my CD collection and created a GURPS character I'll never use. Time well wasted.

Oh, I also went looking for Nerds/Dweebs for my own use, but found none.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:15 pm

Really tired. My brain woke me up with ideas for the coming Really Big Fight in Billy. Couldn't get back to bed. Wrote a couple pages, got fucked by Open Office. A little frustrating, overall.

I'm worried about Friday. I have a 12 hours shift to transition me into 3rd shift.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:05 am

My friend gave me a birthday gift early, a set of display swords. I have a question: how should I clean the blades? There is residual tape on them.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:40 am

Square721BT wrote:I'm worried about Friday. I have a 12 hours shift to transition me into 3rd shift.

Good luck with that. Is it a permanent or temporary move to 3rd?

rob wrote:On the subject of which; TMCM - it's "robsoft".

I've added you to my list already.

mia wrote:I'll remind myself to add you to my list tonight!

Woo! :)

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:
Square721BT wrote:I'm worried about Friday. I have a 12 hours shift to transition me into 3rd shift.

Good luck with that. Is it a permanent or temporary move to 3rd?

Permanent, my choice. After that big 12 hour-er, I'll be back to eight hours.

Tonight was kind of annoying. Our primary server went down, and we ended up reverting to manual. We had to plug phones into our modems to sign into the VOIP switch and all this shit. It wasn't that hard to deal with, just annoying. Sadly, it meant that they assigned our seats, as only the 98 machines had manual software. So I sat by myself for a big chunk of the night, which didn't help my dropsy.

Return to “The Vault”