What Cha Playing Thread

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:31 am

I was a good deity in Black and White. I answerd prayers, watered their crops, helped them harvest, and even resisted the alarmingly frequent urge to just drop heavy rocks on them. My monkey, on the other hand, was not good. He used to eat people and shit in the grain storage area.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:02 pm

Wario Ware Inc finally went down in price to something I can afford (£15 with a £5 off voucher), and it hasn't left my Gamecube in the two days that I've had it. 4 player with the rest of the guys in my house is absolutley amazing... The balloon game really gets tense with people hitting each other if they win a microgame at the wrong moment...

The single player is nothing short of frustrating though.

Oh, and I'm dipping back into Eternal Darkness. I'm on the green God, up to Karim. I have no sanity, and I see a sanity effect every time I go through a door. I'm too scared to play in the dark without people around...

:rotate:

Foo-Byte
I am Finbarr Saunders

Postby Foo-Byte » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:36 pm

SporkAndrew wrote:I'm too scared to play in the dark without people around...

You don't have my friends. It would be less scary without them, because they'd just sit quietly until I forgot they were there and then gram my shoulders and scream at me. I'd put money on it.

My house it my worst enemy with those games though. It randomly creaks and sounds like there are people walking around, and the furnace room is right behind me while I play so I'll be sneaking around somewhere and then from behind me I hear *clickWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* and I have to change my pants.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:45 pm

I didn't find it that scary.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:06 pm

Yeah, the only part where I jumped in that game was in one of the earlier levels in that house when I was in a narrow passageway approaching a door and then suddenly something bangs loudly on it.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:19 pm

Scary definately isn't a word I'd use to describe Eternal Darkness. A little creepy, yeah...but definately not scary.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:59 pm

Did any of you so-called "good" diety's actually get the rainbow hand and all that?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:55 pm

Dynagrip wrote:I didn't find it that scary.

Heh, I thought you meant his house.
I have to say, that damn furnace did make me jump more than once and I was playing Super Monkey Ball.

And nope, in Black and White, I would always have to try to get rid of the red hand Jess got us while I was at work or asleep or something.

Thrillhouse
Disciple

Postby Thrillhouse » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:51 am

Tommorw I'm either going to buy ESPN 2K5 or NHL 2005. I dont know which one yet. I've heard good and bad things about each.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:06 am

It's a story as old as time: man and woman fall in love, man and woman get married, man (while trying to find the Sexy Hero emote) accidently fires off a Force Push spell, launching his wife clear across the room and into the wall, woman spends several seconds unconscious, and then verbally tears man a new asshole. Love is such a complicated thing.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Space Monkey
Citadel Vet

Postby Space Monkey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:21 am

I beat Fable in 9.5 hours. Dissapointingly short. Now I'm running around trying to get the last of the silver keys and marrying every woman I see.
straight to video

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:27 am

Dude, I've been playing for 10 hours and I just beat the Blind Seeress mission. Then again, I mess around a lot when I play RPGs, or any game, really. GTA was especially bad. I spent so much time surfing on top of taxis, mowing down pedestrians all the way.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Worth getting?

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:27 pm

I played it for about 30 minutes before getting sick of it. I'll keep playing to beat it, but it hasn't gotten significantly better. I'm completely disappointed. I'm much happier with Pikmin 2.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:23 pm

Pikmin 2 is out!? Fuck...

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:52 pm

Gobo wrote:Pikmin 2 is out!? Fuck...
Pikmin2 has been out for weeks. And beleve it or not, the deathmatch is fucking awesome. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:54 pm

Note to all: tomorrow I shall purchase Burnout 3 for the Xbox.

Get all your "got past the car-select screen yet Rob?" jibes ready now!
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

toaster
Füture Kïng of Liechtënsteïn

Postby toaster » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:53 pm

Steering helps.
Get immortal, or die trying.

Zsinj
I <3 Lions

Postby Zsinj » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:58 pm

I got me one of those nifty-keen passes at Hollywood Video, 20 a month for 1 game at a time, not as good as Gamefly but I couldn't get that.

Anyway, my first rental is Riddick, and I'm liking it so far, I love how atmospheric it is and how it is essentially a melting pot of many different types of games. Though, the actual shooting part seems a little awkward.

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:57 am

toaster wrote:Steering helps.

Not as much as you'd think in a game like Burnout.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would recommend Burnout3 and not so much Fable. I'm sick of it and I haven't even played it; just being around it for two hours was enough.

Return to “The Vault”