What Cha Playing Thread

Here there be (sleeping) tygers. And Kitchens of Distinction.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:16 am

I'll third Pikmin 2.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:05 am

Rob wrote:Note to all: tomorrow I shall purchase Burnout 3 for the Xbox.

Get all your "got past the car-select screen yet Rob?" jibes ready now!

No, actually, I think you'll do pretty good with a game like Burnout 3, Rob. :)

I think I'll get it for the XBox as well. Oh, wait, I can't. After talking to the DewU people yesterday, I think I'm going to be lucky if I have an XBox in time for Halo 2.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:56 pm

Dammit looks like I'll be getting Pikmin next week :)

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:58 pm

Zsinj wrote:Anyway, my first rental is Riddick, and I'm liking it so far, I love how atmospheric it is and how it is essentially a melting pot of many different types of games. Though, the actual shooting part seems a little awkward.

If you like the whole mish-mash of genres, get a hold of The Nomad Soul. It's not a bad little game, altough the only downer is seeing a virtual David Bowie in skin-tight pants dance around...

:rotate:

toaster
Füture Kïng of Liechtënsteïn

Postby toaster » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:57 pm

Yay, finally someone else who has played it, great game, awesome soundtrack...

May look a bit outdated though, and the save-system ist horrible...
Get immortal, or die trying.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:57 pm

So then - Burnout 3?

Mucking Farvellous, kids. The Road Rage game is absolutely awesome fun.

Well recommended, just spent an hilarious hour with this. Sounds good, looks fine, plays great.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

ReaL
Emo Whore

Postby ReaL » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:14 am

Bag of Ass wrote:Worth getting?

Fable took me 14 hours to beat, which makes it very dissapointingly short. This puts it directly next to Sudeki, which took me 3 days to beat (I don't know how many hours of gameplay).

However Fable has some cool stuff you can do in it that makes the game very fun dispite its shortness. There are statistics for basically everything and a lot of side quests and extra crap you can spend a couple hours here and there trying to figure out if you want. For example, how to open all those annoying ass sarcastic shit talking ancestor doors. You could also marry some chick and then beat her (chop off her hear, or just punch the shit out of her in the corner, throw her down and kick her in the head over and over like I did) until she divorces you. Honestly if you do all the side questy and everything there is probably a good 35 to 40 hours of gameplay.

I thought that game was awesome (except the shortness). I spent a lot of time getting girls drunk at the tavern and making them fall in love with me. Then I would have them follow me into the woods and kill them.

There are stats for basically everything in the game (Down to how far you have kicked a chicken or how many times you have had sex). There is a stat for sexuality also and I had a guy hit on me so I'm gonna try and make a gay guy second time around.

Also...The combat is pretty awesome. It's fast and there are a good ammount of spells to make it even more fun. There aren't a ton of spells...maybe 30 or so, but they are all good spells and fun to use. The arena battle in the game is by far the most fun part in my opinion. I think the buy is worth it in my opinion and you can always go to the store and turn it in used to get like 30 bucks back. Basically making it a twenty dollar game.
I love everyone

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:07 am

Note to self: get Fable and play it in the most opposite way from ReaL as possible.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:43 am

It looks like ReaL played Fable much the same way I played Arcanum.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:40 am

Have you tried marrying a mayors daughter and then killing her and her father in order to take over a whole town?

In other news, I've been playing Pokemon Leafgreen. The best way to describe it is that it's what the first two would have been if they were released now instead of 10 years ago. (or whatever, like I care)
i before e except after a few beers

ReaL
Emo Whore

Postby ReaL » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:32 am

Added to the to do list. Also, find out where the owner of a store lives. Then break into their house in the middle of the night and murder them. It will say a shop has become available for buying. You can do this with houses too.
I love everyone

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:37 am

I've been playing Burnout3 mostly (95% done) & PGR2 on Live. It's still brilliant. Oh and last night Call Of Duty TDM sessions with my housemate on the same online server.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:41 pm

Anyone try X-Men Legends? I didn't pay any attention to it since most X-Men videogames these days are terrible, but it looks decent. It is like a Gauntlet or console Baldur's Gate style game with minor rpg elements (you level up, you choose powers, etc.).

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:07 pm

I recently rented Chronicles of Riddick. Someone on here said it was pretty good, I think. If it's not.. *shakes fist threateningly* And my XBox is getting a little workout.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 am

Penny Arcade said it was good.
i before e except after a few beers

Thrillhouse
Disciple

Postby Thrillhouse » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:43 am

. wrote:I recently rented Chronicles of Riddick. Someone on here said it was pretty good, I think. If it's not.. *shakes fist threateningly* And my XBox is getting a little workout.

Yea, that might have been me. Twas a very good game.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:32 am

. wrote:I recently rented Chronicles of Riddick. Someone on here said it was pretty good, I think. If it's not.. *shakes fist threateningly* And my XBox is getting a little workout.

It's OK. My Xbox is getting considerably more attention than my Gamecube that lies dormant. Maybe once I've sorted out my room properly after having moved. Outrun2 on Friday! :)

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:26 pm

dogmeat wrote:Maybe once I've sorted out my room properly after having moved.

That's what I have told myself. Once I move in October, I'm going to hook up everything as it goes in so nothing is shoved under the bed or in the closet. Right now, the fastest way to hook up anything is to unhook the cable box, as I only have immediate access to one plug and one AV jack. Less than two feet from everything are two multi-AV adapters and an electrical strip. All my speakers are in the closet, except for the center channel speaker on the top of my TV, which isn't hooked up either.
So right now, I'm playing Riddick with boring TV sound.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:27 pm

That's the real trick, making sure you have lots of consoles plugged in. Only this evening I untangled the cable beast that had lain dormant for so long. In it I found 3 N64 pads, 4 PS1 pads, 2 DC pads, 3 GC pads & enough Saturn pads to play Hi-Ten Bomberman. I've kept one of each accessible so's I can resurrect the machines at some time. Last house the most consoles I managed to have plugged in were the XBox, GC, DC, Saturn & SNES at one time. Not a bad feat really.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:43 pm

I have two four-slot switch boxes hooked together so that I can plug up to seven things into my TV at once. Well, actually, I have to plug them into my VCR because my TV doesn't have audio-video hookups, and I'm far too cheap to buy another TV while I have a (mostly) functional one already. Unfortunately, I only have room on my power strip for five devices plus TV and VCR... but that's more than enough to make a massive Gordian Knot of Electrical Conduit behind my little entertainment cabinet.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Return to “The Vault”